Networking examples

Brett Sterling brett.sterling at odysseysr.com
Tue Aug 15 14:27:08 UTC 2023

Hello all,

My goal is to integrate networking into our RTEMS solution, so I started here: https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/legacy-networking/index.html.

But, as soon as I had started, I hit a failure.  I tried the 'quick start' (https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/legacy-networking/quick_start.html), but regardless of which way I tried to build, the build failed.

Based on the failure of the 'quick-start' for the RTEMS "Hello World" example coupled with this failure, I'm starting to consider moving back to an older RTEMS version (I've seen networking information for both RTEMS 4 & 5), but first wanted to reach out to the user community to get input.

Optimally, I would like to find an RTEMS example (any version) WITH NETWORKING​ that runs on either an RTEMS simulator, or on a commercially available development board so that I can see networking working and then evolve it into my system.

Less optimally, I would like to find an RTEMS example (any version) WITH NETWORKING​ that at least completely builds.

If no one has examples of these, I would be glad to try different things to get the networking stuff building.  Especially if someone else can show that they can build with networking.

Thanks in advance!
Brett