Anyone using Xiphos Q8 (Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoc)?

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Thu Mar 30 13:39:47 UTC 2023

I haven’t used the Q8 board, but I have tested the ZU3EG BSP on at least 3 different processor variants (including the dual-core CG variant) across about 5 boards and it has worked without issue. Be warned that u-boot doesn’t support elf64 (or didn’t last time I checked), so you’ll need to package it as a raw binary inside a u-boot image. This is the script I use to accomplish that:
$ cat create_image.sh
#!/bin/sh
aarch64-rtems6-objcopy -O binary "$1" rtems.bin
gzip -f rtems.bin
ENTRY=`aarch64-rtems6-nm $1 |grep \ _start|sed -e 's/ .*//'`
mkimage -A arm64 -O rtems -T kernel -C gzip -a 0x$ENTRY -e 0x$ENTRY -n "$(basename $1)" -d rtems.bin.gz rtems.img

I tend to load the image via TFTP for testing to avoid write cycles on the flash and for faster turnaround during development.

I suspect that the Q8 might have some system control and other interfaces exposed via the FPGA fabric similar to the CFC-400X, so that will need some extra work to support properly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kinsey