Unfortunately no success tests on raspberryPi BSP with qemu

Jacob Killelea jkillelea344 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:19:57 UTC 2023

Hi Heinz,

Here's a couple notes I use to get things up and running, and I've attached
my scripts.

1. You need an old version of the RPi firmware, the newer Device Tree Blobs
are not supported.
2. I use GDB in another window to load the DTB and kick off the boot
process.
3. I usually target the Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 with SMP (the Pi 1 is just too
old). I've made a couple tweaks to get that one to boot that aren't in the
docs yet. I use arm-rtems6-objcopy -O binary [exe_name].exe kernel.img to
create a raw binary and load that into QEMU. Debugging symbols still work
in GDB, but for whatever reason, the elf files from GCC don't work with SMP.
4. This article has some great pointers about configuring QEMU to run Linux
on a Pi 3, which is essentially identical to the Pi 2, except with WiFi.
https://raduzaharia.medium.com/system-emulation-using-qemu-raspberry-pi-3-4973260ffb3e

Hope that helps,
Jacob