Unfortunately no success tests on raspberryPi BSP with qemu

Heinz Junkes junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon May 29 15:45:59 UTC 2023

Hallo Jacob,
I finally managed to get everything working properly under OS-X as well.
You only have to follow the documentation ;-(
And there especially the link to the bootable firmware:

git clone https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware.git
cd firmware
git checkout tags/1.20200601 -b oldRaspi

And then there was a hurdle with the OS-X default filesystem:
"By default, Mac OS uses a case-insensitive file system to support compatibility with applications (for example, Photoshop) provided for the operating system. The file system itself is capable of working in a case-sensitive mode.”
I had to create a volume with the case-sensitive support.
And in this volume I was then able to install everything without any problems and with your two shell scripts get it working.

Danke,
Heinz