Safety Qualification of Open Source Software Components

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Thu Jul 11 20:34:38 UTC 2024

Hi all,

We are starting a project where we are seeking to understand current
industry problems associated with safety qualification and certification,
especially of open-source software. We are keen to speak with you and
discuss the current practice and challenges related to safety qualification.

RTEMS has been used in many safety-critical systems across different
domains and recent prequalification efforts led by ESA have been of
interest to the wider RTEMS community. If you have experience working with
safety-critical systems and would like to share some of your insights with
us, we are interested in setting up a virtual meeting before August 9th,
2024. The following calendar link has my availability for the coming weeks.

https://calendly.com/vijaybanerjee

Thank you,

Vijay Banerjee
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Department of Computer Science
he/him

Gedare Bloom, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering and Applied Science
he/him