change log for rtems (2011-02-17)

Mon Feb 21 16:12:52 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 06:33 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> Yes, please, no more of those in header files!
> ACK.
Sorry.  I didn't realize it wasn't cool in C++ and actually
thought it was nicely self-documenting.
> BTW1: In before-C99 times, it was considered to be good style to add
> comments in such slots, e.g.
> /* Operations */ SCHEDULER_ENTRY_POINTS,
> or (a matter of personal preference)
> SCHEDULER_ENTRY_POINTS /* Operations */,
>
> (c.f. the X11 sources for real world examples of habit).

OK.  Good point.  I will add some comments.  I prefer the
second form also.
> BTW2: I consider this kind of "entries defines" inside of confdefs.h's
> to be a broken and flawed design. However, I am ranting against them as
> long as I am involved into RTEMS :)

RTEMS configuration is by filling in tables.  confdefs just automates
that.
>> Is there a general RTEMS rule that this isn't allowed in a header file if it is visible in C++?
> All public header files are supposed to be C++ safe and self-contained.
>
>> I'll open some bug reports.
> Please do so.
>
> [I guess, I better should revive a "never finished", "nice-to-have"
> RTEMS side-project I have laying around "abandoned" for several years:
> A testsuite to check the RTEMS headers.]

The missing extern C and other C++ issues does appear
to be a recurring theme.