Update to MAINTAINERS file

Tue Nov 8 22:58:17 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011 04:44 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Joel Sherrill<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The recent brouhaha over Gedare and me not making
>> it clear he was write after approval has lead me
>> to review the MAINTAINERS file.  It is out of date
>> and does not reflect current practice.
>>
>> My changes do the following:
>>
>> + serious clean up
>> + added a Write After Approval list section
>> + added descriptions for Blanket Write Privilege
>>   and Write After Approval
>> + switched rtems.com to rtems.org to reflect
>>   current domain preference.
>> + dropped inactive people who are not getting
>>   git access
>>
>> I did not....
>>
>> + Add missing names to list
>> + Fix any broken email addresses
>>
>> OK to commit?
> Are you intentionally dropping the port maintainers? I know we don't
> currently identify anyone as a particular port maintainer, but I think
> there might be some value especially to allow someone without blanket
> write privileges to have privileges in committing code to the port
> (e.g. cpukit/score/@cpu, libcpu/@cpu, or libbsp/@cpu/*) for changes
> that do not affect code outside the port.
I did that because there were no CPU specific maintainers listed.
My goal was to update the file to reflect practice.  Where our
practice needs improving, it is a good chance to do that.

You are in a special position. You are THE expert on the SPARC64
port and BSPs.  GCC has the following another class of
permission and I think it would be more than appropriate for
you to have "localized write permission" for SPARC64 port and BSPs.

I have attached a second version of the MAINTAINERS file.  At this
point, a diff is harder to read. :)

--joel