change log for rtems (2011-10-07)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Oct 7 16:10:10 UTC 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 11:46 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> OK, I read this as, "this code is MPC56XX specific and must not be
> applied by the BSP which triggered the GCC warning" - right?

Correct - the flash register set maps well enough that the code compiled just with that single warning.  If someone ran the code it would have failed at run time because it didn't know about a size field of "6", even with your change the possible size codes corresponding to 6 are 12 (b1100) and 13 (b1101) which also aren't supported, so at least it won't go wild.

The Freescale warning that "The MPC5674F requires a different flash-programming algorithm that will be provided by FSL as a software driver. Any proprietary flash-programming algorithms or drivers must be re-coded for the MPC5674F." certainly SOUNDS like the code needs to do more than just recognize a new flash size for when the field is 6, but maybe not - that's for someone with access to the MPC5674F (Sebastian) to figure out and test.

Peter