Q: Placement of call to _Priority_bit_map_Handler_initialization()

Tue Nov 20 20:39:52 UTC 2012

Hi

During the last class, I noticed that
_Priority_bit_map_Handler_initialization()
is called during rtems_initialize_data_structures() but (I think) it is
only used
if the configured scheduler uses the priority bit maps. AFAIK this is only
used by the Deterministic Priority Scheduler.

In fact, the data associated with the priority bit maps are DECLARED in
the Deterministic Priority Scheduler init file (schedulerpriority.c).

Does anyone see a reason not to move the call into the scheduler
that uses it?

And separate the data into another file so there isn't a dependency
introduced if, in the future, another scheduler uses this structure?

Comments?