STM32FX BSP questions

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Fri Jul 24 00:28:24 UTC 2015

There is a bit of weirdness in the way that ST generates code from Cube. First, they create a main.c file for you with a main() routine. Nice, but it conflicts with the way that RTEMS uses Init() as a user entry point.

Next, they put all of the highest level code into a directory called Src. Thanks, so much for having file naming standards. ST kinda just walks over the customers there. The header files for their code is kept in a directory called Inc. They really want you to build your system into their framework rather than giving you a library to link against.

The code and include directories are generated in the same directory as your Cube .ioc project descriptor file. So if you like to keep your hardware related files away from your software related files, since EE’s tend to blow away things in SVN that don’t belong to them and would rather leave Altium files littered about instead (not being bitter or anything), ST kinda just walks over the customers there.

I don’t know where the libraries should go, but there is also example code in with their library code, so you will have to pick and choose which directories to compile into libraries and which to leave out.

I know this didn’t help, but there it is.

Andrei