SMP support for Raspberry Pi 2

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 28 06:54:33 UTC 2015

Hello Rohini,

please use the devel list.

On 28/07/15 07:41, Rohini Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to understand where the interprocessor interrupts are used
> during the boot process. During final initialization of SMP I can see
>
> rtems_interrupt_handler_install(
>       ARM_GIC_IRQ_SGI_0,
>       "IPI",
>       RTEMS_INTERRUPT_UNIQUE,
>       bsp_inter_processor_interrupt,
>       NULL
>     );
>
> Raspberry Pi 2 does not have the generic interrupt controller.
> Interrupt routing will have to be handled differently. So I wish to
> understand how/ where it is used. I suppose this might be the problem.

Sorry, that the documentation is so scattered.  I think we should move
everything into the CPU Architecture Supplement. It would be nice if you
can help to improve the documentation since you have a different view point.

You must install the IPI during the system initialization. It is raised
via the _CPU_SMP_Send_interrupt() function, for an example see
arm-a9mpcore-smp.c.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de