Updates and Problems on "Raspberry Pi USB and Ethernet Support" Project

Deval Shah deval.maker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 04:41:16 UTC 2016

I am sorry, I forgot to mention those details.

I have added --freebsd-options=bootverbose,verbose_sysinit,bus_debug for
more log, while configuring waf.

There are two branches currently. RaspberryPi_USB and rpi_usb. Both are
same as far as my added code is concerned. rpi_usb has a different starting
point and not updated while the other one is up to date.

The problem with the RaspberryPi_USB was that due to some other updates in
mainline, I was not getting the device_printfs. So I switched back to the
old repo of mine.

Also, I am surprised how you are getting the device_printfs on my latest
code. https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2016-July/015557.html

Regards,
Deval Shah

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Alan Cudmore <alan.cudmore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Deval,
>
> What code do I need to add to try your test?
>
> I am using the items git head kernel, and your rtems-libbsd
> RaspberryPi_USB branch.
> When I run init01 on my Pi Zero, I get the output below.
>
> Alan
>
> *** LIBBSD INIT 1 TEST ***
> nexus0: <RTEMS Nexus device>
> bcm283x_dwcotg0: <DWC OTG 2.0 integrated USB controller (bcm283x)> on
> nexus0
> usbus0 on bcm283x_dwcotg0
> usbus0: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
> uhub0: <DWCOTG OTG Root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
> Sleeping to see what happens
> uhub0: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
>

> On Jul 11, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Deval Shah <deval.maker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to add usb_ethernet (smsc) driver for raspberry pi for both
> USB and Ethernet support.
> Now I have added the required files. But the USB device is not getting
> power. To get the compilation error-less, I have applied a hack.
>
> if_smsc.c is using the function “usbd_m_copy_in” which is present in the
> file sys/dev/usb/usb_busdma.c. But due to this macro #if USB_HAVE_MBUF the
> function was not getting compiled. So I have commented out the macro and
> let the function compile.
>
> Now ideally I should have used the DMA controller. Here I don't know the
> status of DMA's functions and their usage. Any pointers on that ?
> I believe the problem is secondary for the USB to function. Anyhow the USB
> devices should get the power if the code is added. I suspect there is no
> proper linking between the drivers. (i.e. dwcotg, bcm283x_dwcotg, ushub,
> smsc, uhub, usb.) I would like some insights on how these interact.
>
> I have added following lines in the nexus-devices.h file under
> Raspberry-pi-BSP.
>
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(bcm283x_dwcotg, nexus);
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(smsc, uhub);
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(smsc, uether);
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(smsc, usb);
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(smsc, ether);
> SYSINIT_DRIVER_REFERENCE(smsc, miibus);
>
> I am also attaching the log of INIT01 Test.
>
> I need help at this point. I am kind of stuck here.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Deval Shah

Deval Shah
Graduate Student,
B.E. (Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus <http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/hyderabad/>

Github Profile <https://github.com/deval-maker>