RTEMS is in Google Summer of Code 2016

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 1 21:18:39 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am very pleased to announced that the RTEMS Project has been accepted
to participate in the 2016 edition of the Google Summer of Code. Per
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/, over 300 free software organizations
applied, 180 were accepted, and 24% are new this year. A number of
veteran organizations are not included this year. This should serve as a
reminder that it is an honor and privilege to participate and we should
strive
each year to do better and make the experience even better for our students.

Each year we need mentors, so it should come as no surprise that I am
asking for mentors. If you would like to mentor this year, email myself
or Gedare Bloom to get invited as a mentor.

Some useful links

RTEMS Project Ideas - https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects
RTEMS Summer of Code - https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC
GSoC Page - https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

Please contribute as a mentor, adding project ideas, enhancing existing
project ideas, etc.

Thanks.

--joel