Status Update of Porting Rock to RTEMS

Sambeet Panigrahi sambeet161616 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:59:28 UTC 2016

I have been updating my progress in blog posts but this would be my first
updating in devel mailing list.

Before starting the phase one of my work I had to understand all rock
dependencies namely
1) Boost
2)Eigen
3)Libxml
4)Xerces
5)OmniORB

I have tried out examples of Boost serialization library and eigen as
well.I have also worked with libxml.I used a small hello world program for
this purpose. I used gccxml to generate an xml version of C code and then
parsed it with libxml.Xerces is also used for parsing xml but with C++. It
is not used frequently anymore. It was used when the last port took place.

Before that I had setup a RTEMS environment using QEMU for i386 run a few
examples like Ticker and Hello World.

Only OmniORB is left. There are instructions available for porting OmniORB
to RTEMS. But the port has not been  not updated since a long time.I would
start porting once I set up the OmniORB, which currently I am stuck up with.

Meanwhile I have learnt a lot abou CORBA and IDL from

http://www.ciaranmchale.com/corba-explained-simply

and looking forrward to write some CORBA code to understand working of
OmniORB.