Overrun Handling in ticket #2795

Kuan Hsun Chen kuan-hsun.chen at tu-dortmund.de
Sat Oct 8 15:20:32 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I make a new ticket in #2795 to replace #2722 with more detail information.
(https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2795)

This enhancement ticket aims at the overrun issue: When there are deadline
misses, the postponed jobs that should be released are never released to
the system. Moreover, the deadline of postponed jobs is shifted violating
the strictly periodic release pattern.

I believe this ticket could enhance RTEMS to adapt more general task models
for now and build up a basis for the future usage, e.g, soft real-time
task, arbitrary deadline task model, mixed-criticality systems.

I have reviewed FreeRTOS and Litmus-RT to check their implementation as the