GSoC Mentors / Projects of Interest

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Feb 7 00:29:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
> On 07/02/2017 10:52, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>
>> I would prefer to try to keep the open projects separated by their
>> topic areas (using the component field) to maintain some organization
>> of the open projects page.
>

> Nice.
>
>> I have made a small change to add a
>> sub-heading to reflect this. Each topic area (component) will need a
>> separate query to generate.
>

> Will the Component field be flexible enough for our projects? I suppose we
> can mix keywords and components if we hit a case we cannot separate.

We can use the keywords field with the  "~=" operator is "Contains",
so we can do keywords~=... in the query that generates the per-topic
list.

That would be better than the component. It may complicate filtering
on "SoC", but now we have the "project" ticket type so this may be
sufficient.

> FYI have updated https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2898 and it would be good if
> all existing tickets could be updated. The changes are:
>
> - Use `[[PageOutline(1-5, Contents, inline)]]` and not the TOC macro because
> the TOC macro only uses pages and the PageOutline macro works within
> tickets. The TOC references are to pages we are not maintaining any more.
>
> - Change from marked headings to real headings.

OK.

> Chris
>
> ps: This is a really nice way to manage our projects. Well done and thanks
> to all for making this change happen.
Yes. Big thanks to Tanu Hari Dixit for piloting a few pages so we can
hammer out some of these questions.