RSB Couverture-Qemu build queries

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jun 16 20:38:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Cillian O'Donnell <cpodonnell8 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting the RSB to build Couverture-Qemu and I just want to check
> a few things I have done so far.
>
> 1. There are about 5 patches applied to the current qemu build. Only
> one of which applies cleanly to the Couverture build. Do you want me
> to try and fix these up, comment them out and leave a note for
> whoever wants to fix them or remove them completely? The patches that
> don't work are:
>
> %patch add qemu
> pw://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/406903/raw/Provide-the-
> missing-LIBUSB_LOG_LEVEL_-for-older-libusb-or-FreeBSD.-
> Providing-just-the-needed-value-as-a-defined..patch
>
> %patch add qemu
> https://gaisler.org/qemu/0001-LEON3-Add-emulation-of-AMBA-plug-
> play.patch
>
> %patch add qemu
> https://gaisler.org/qemu/0002-LEON3-Build-AMBA-plug-and-
> play-records-from-high-lev.patch
>
> %patch add qemu
> https://gaisler.org/qemu/0003-LEON3-Init-UART-timers-and-
> CPU-if-we-run-a-RAM-image.patch

I think they need to be proposed to the Couverture project to be evaluated.
They should
be OK with the Gaisler ones without too much trouble. We can bring in
Gaisler folks.
The other is a portability one.

So at least make the project aware of them.

https://forge.open-do.org/projects/couverture-qemu/

Make sure myself and chrisj@ are on any issue/email you file.

> 2. For this source setting section, is the first part just dealing
> with the case were this a packaged release so a tar of the download is
> already included with it?
>
> %if %{rsb_released} && %{!defined without_release_url}
>     %source set qemu
> %{rtems_release_url}/%{rtems_version}/sources/qemu-git-42d58e7.tar.xz
> %else
>     %source set qemu
> https://github.com/AdaCore/qemu/archive/%{qemu_version}.tar.gz
> %endif

I think so but Chris should confirm that.

> 3. What does the -q option do in the %prep section of the build, this
> option shows up in examples in the docs but there is no description of
> what it does?
>
> %source setup qemu -q -n qemu-%{qemu_version}

Chris will have to answer this.

> 4. The current qemu build is configured with the default setting to
> build for all architectures but most of the arch's aren't used by
> RTEMS and/or don't have machine support for same bsps, so I've added a
> --target-list to only build the targets that have a corresponding bsp
> (sparc64-softmmu is missing as it runs into build issues, I forgot to
> mention in the initial results). However the list spills over 80 lines
> so should I make a %{qemu_targets} macro and if so where should I put
> it?

I like the idea of limiting the targets built. You are right that we don't
care about the others.

The style and variable name are Chris questions.