RTEMS-libbsd copyright question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 19 13:25:26 UTC 2017

On 19/06/17 08:57, Sichen Zhao wrote:

> I have a question about copyright in rtems-libbsd: i ported some usb driver files from FreeBSD, i modified somewhere in these files to suit with rtems-libbsd. Should i add my copyright in these file?

This depends on your modifications. If you put only #ifdef __rtems__
stuff into the drivers, then this is no work with a copyright from my
point of view. If you do more than adding #ifdef __rtems to the driver
files we should first check why this is necessary and if there is a way
to avoid these modifications at all or reduce them.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de