timeouts and failure

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 21 19:18:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Tanu Hari Dixit <tokencolour at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Chris, All,
>
> Regarding the ticket https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2946
> for the test spcontext01 do we need to add a tag in a new .tcfg file  ?
> If so what would be the name of the tcfg file?

This is Chris' to answer.

> Also, can you please help me investigate why 5 more test fail?

I would run one of them directly and make sure they do in fact complete
successfully on your machine. On the gdb simulators, I don't think there
is an explicit way to say "stop after N simulated seconds" so it is an
approximation of killing it after N host CPU seconds which should be
enough on any machine.

Anyway, pick one of the failing tests and do this:

time sparc-rtems4.12-run XXX.exe

and see (1) if it completes successfully and (2) how long it actually took.

Using sparc-rtems4.12-sis you can "go" and "perf" to see a different view
of similar information.

Maybe 20 seconds isn't enough time to complete. Worth a try.

--joel