License and copyright of specification items

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 4 09:05:06 UTC 2019

On 22/11/2019 14:32, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some specification items may contain copyrightable information. Doorstop
> removes all comments from YAML files. So, my proposal is to add two
> attributes to every specification item:
>
> 1.
>
> license: 'SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-Clause OR CC-BY-SA-4.0'
>
> This allows the use of content from specification items as source code
> and documentation input.
>
> 2.
>
> copyrights:
> - 'Copyright (C) 2019 John Doe'

I think we have a consensus to use a dual-licensing for the
specification items. Should we add this

license: 'SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-Clause OR CC-BY-SA-4.0'

attribute to every item to make it self-contained, or should we just add a

spec/COPYING

file (see attached proposal).

Each item should have individual "copyrights" attributes which list the
copyright holders of this item.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de