RTEMS on embedded CPUs(RISCV)

sachin.ghadi at sifive.com sachin.ghadi at sifive.com
Wed Jun 5 04:15:29 UTC 2019

Hi RTEMS dev team,

I don't know if I should send this query to users list or developer list.

I am working on the getting RTEMS BSP ported on the one of RISC-V based SoC.

Current RTEMS has support only for Spike simulator.

It looks like RTEMS does not fit very well on the systems having less RAM.

We have 64K of RAM on our standard FPGA development kit for our E series
embedded cores.

All of the RTEMS test does not fit within this given RAM and linker throws
error.

Regarding this I have few questions

1.	Does RTEMS accept support for new core with limited tests passing?
Or one need full test suit passing to qualify complete test?
2.	I saw some thread regarding tinyRTEMS

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/TinyRTEMS

Is there any plan for this to support as separate port for embedded cores
with limited resources?

Thanks and Regards,

/Sachin