GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 06:18:06 UTC 2019

Hi Sebastian,

I will compile the things that we have done so far. This will help to keep
track the progress of the project.

Progress so far:
1. We successfully tried the babeltrace example which reads CTF data and
prints in text format.
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-May/025921.html
2. We Figured out that current stable version 1.5.6 of Babeltrace does not
have a feature to convert live traces stream into CTF. This feature is
currently under development and is available in the master branch of
Babeltrace 2.0 but it is in pre-stage.
3. We Figured out that Trace Compass does not support live monitoring.

Plan for the week:
1. Update the event recording documentation(sent the patches)
2. Build a custom converter that can transform TCP streams and files with
record items into CTF.

For 2nd point of the plan, we have to write the decoder(source plugin).
This would involve understanding the current rtems trace format and
codebase. I will also try out the decoder(source plugin) example shared by
the babeltrace community.

Thanks