GSoC Project

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon May 20 05:25:09 UTC 2019

On 19/05/2019 14:48, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> The task you gave me to convert trace data to CTF. I am currently
> studying the code base. I am figuring out how the files are linked to
> each other.

Yes, the trick is to only look at the relevant parts. The data structure
for the record items is defined in <rtems/recorddata.h>. The BSP we
currently use is a 32-bit target:

/**
  * @brief The 32-bit format record item.
  */
typedef struct {
   uint32_t event;
   uint32_t data;
} rtems_record_item_32;

So, you just have the event which consists of an event number and the
timestamp. The data contains event specific content.

If you run the example in Qemu and connect to the record port, then you
get a TCP stream of these record items. Your job is now to convert this
data stream into a CTF stream.

On consumer of this CTF stream is the Trace Compass. Trace Compass is a
complex consumer. So, to get started and for testing you can also use
babeltrace to print your converted CTF stream as text.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de