Hello World Patch

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Wed Nov 13 18:43:39 UTC 2019

Hello Shubham Bhagat,

welcome to RTEMS and congratulations for completing the Hello World task.

You are quite early for GSoC 2020. So just to be sure let me ask: Do you
plan to participate as a GSoC student or do you want to start just out
of interest outside of a program like GSoC?

If you want to start for GSoC: Most of us are not in GSoC mode and the
infrastructure isn't prepared yet. That's not really a problem but you
might don't find the information that well prepared at the moment.

Regarding tasks to do: You can either have a look at the Open Projects
page in the wiki [1] or suggest some topics yourself. If you find
something just discuss it on the mailing list. Someone will show up and
help with how to approach the topic. Again: Please note that some of the
open projects might still have some left over from last year. But even
if you pick something that is solved yet we can then find something similar.

Another possible starting point at this time could be to have a look at
some of the tickets at [2]. A lot of stuff piled up there and we are
always happy if someone starts to work on the less active tickets. Just
tell the mailing list that you want to work on a ticket to avoid
duplicate work.

Note that most tickets are not really well suited for the time frame of
a GSoC project. But you might find some topics that you are interested
in and we can then find a GSoC project in that area.

Best regards

Christian

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects
[2] https://devel.rtems.org/query