sparc-erc32 testsuites failures

Niteesh gsnb.gn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 05:42:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 3:17 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> The instructions are out of date by a couple of months. The SPARC
> Instruction Simulator (sis) has seen significant enhancements and it's now
> a standalone program. It is not enabled as a built-in with gdb because
> that's some very old version of sis. The new version has symmetric
> multiprocessing and support for the RISC-V.
>
> Those instructions worked for a LONG time but need to be updated to
> reflect the recent changes with SIS.
>
> If you used rtems-tester, it should work. And looking at the .ini file for
> this bsp will sure you have to just run programs with the simulator. My
> recollection is that by adding -gdb argument, you can attached to it as a
> remote debugger.

I would like to update the docs for this, Can I proceed? I am planning to
change the cmd to use erc-sis instead of erc. And also the build your
application section is incomplete, can I add the instruction to modify a
test program and build it in this section?

> BTW I know it's a way too early for GSOC but I have anyway attached the
>> patch for hello world.
>>

> What type projects are you interested in?

I am interested in driver development and BSP support.