sparc-erc32 testsuites failures

Vaibhav Gupta vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 06:35:54 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 11:12 AM Niteesh <gsnb.gn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 3:17 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>
>> The instructions are out of date by a couple of months. The SPARC
>> Instruction Simulator (sis) has seen significant enhancements and it's now
>> a standalone program. It is not enabled as a built-in with gdb because
>> that's some very old version of sis. The new version has symmetric
>> multiprocessing and support for the RISC-V.
>>
>> Those instructions worked for a LONG time but need to be updated to
>> reflect the recent changes with SIS.
>>
>> If you used rtems-tester, it should work. And looking at the .ini file
>> for this bsp will sure you have to just run programs with the simulator. My
>> recollection is that by adding -gdb argument, you can attached to it as a
>> remote debugger.
>>
> Yes. And I also faced this problem (in my case it was riscv)and i guess
this question was asked by others also on devel.
I simply used these steps:

Open Terminal 1:

$ sparc-rtems5-sis -gdb

        # It will print 'gdb: listening on port 1234'.

        # Note you can define port number with '-port' option.

Open Terminal 2:

$ sparc-rtems5-gdb hello.exe

        # gdb asks for several inputs

                $ target extended-remote localhost:1234