How to build multiple BSPs with waf?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 4 13:33:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

I tried to figure how a standard waf build can be configured so that
out-of-tree or multiple build trees can be used. I couldn't get this
working.

The Samba project seems to have support for out-of-tree builds:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Waf#Out_of_tree_builds

However, this '-b' option is not present in a standard waf.

The libbsd uses a common build tree for a list of arch/bsp combinations.
This seems to be quite a resource hungry solution. For example, I am not
able to build two BSPs with this approach on Windows/MSYS2.

Is there already a plan to build multiple BSPs (or one BSP with
different options) with waf?

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de