How to build multiple BSPs with waf?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Oct 4 23:50:04 UTC 2019

On 4/10/19 11:33 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to figure how a standard waf build can be configured so that out-of-tree
> or multiple build trees can be used. I couldn't get this working.
>
> The Samba project seems to have support for out-of-tree builds:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Waf#Out_of_tree_builds
>
> However, this '-b' option is not present in a standard waf.

You would need to look for the additional options SAMBA must have added.

> The libbsd uses a common build tree for a list of arch/bsp combinations. This
> seems to be quite a resource hungry solution. For example, I am not able to
> build two BSPs with this approach on Windows/MSYS2.

What resources are you referring too, disk space, memory?

> Is there already a plan to build multiple BSPs (or one BSP with different
> options) with waf?

Amar built more than one BSP, one after the other and so does rtems_waf. I have
not seen anything that would build a single BSP with different options using a
single configure command.