sqlite build failure on BSP bsets

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Apr 2 20:26:02 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:57 PM Jonathan Brandmeyer
> <jbrandmeyer at planetiq.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:43 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thank you for the detailed feedback.
> >>
> >> I am torn between:
> >>
> >> + deleting sqlite from the BSP bset's
> >> + requiring tclsh to be installed
> >> + updating the RSB recipe for sqlite.
> >>
> >> Given the desire to get a release out the door. I am prone to the first
> >> option with a ticket for 5.2 to update sqlite and re-add it to the BSP
> >> bsets.
> >

> > I can see where you're coming from.  That said, even having an obsolete
> bset in the RSB served as a helpful hint that it worked for someone once
> upon a time.
> >

> >> Since you obviously use sqlite, if you could tackle updating the RSB
> >> recipe, that would be great and avoid having to do something expedient
> >> to get the release out the door.
> >

> >  I can make a pass at it.  What's the quickest way to iterate on a
> BSET's rules?  I'd rather not have to wait on GCC and crew to rebuild when
> I get it wrong the first time.
> >
> Use --dry-run option

This is good to watch the commands quickly.  But you can just explicitly
build the one package.

$ cd rtems
$ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder \
     --log=l-sqlite.txt \
     --prefix=XXXX \
      databases/sqlite

Should be very close to working. I hacked my command for dtc so there may
be a typo.

This should take seconds.

It is interesting that you didn't know you can build a single package
or --dry-run. No foul to you. Just points out that we aren't letting the
community know the cool things the RSB can do.

I use the source download only option to get people to download things
for the tools before they come to the Kick Start class. If they have network
issues, can't fetch git, no admin, etc. then they can deal with those with
their IT. I can't help with someone's draconian policies. :)