GSoC 2020: Final Report (Beagle BSP: Add FDT based initialization)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sat Aug 29 20:54:35 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM Christian Mauderer <oss at c-mauderer.de> wrote:

> On 29/08/2020 15:04, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> > Hello,
> > On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 2:54 PM Christian Mauderer <oss at c-mauderer.de
> > <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello Niteesh
> >
> >     On 29/08/2020 11:22, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> >     > On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 1:02 PM Christian Mauderer
> >     <oss at c-mauderer.de <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de>
> >     > <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de>>> wrote:
> >     >
> >     >     On 29/08/2020 05:57, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> >     >     > On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 4:19 AM Gedare Bloom
> >     <gedare at rtems.org <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>
> >     >     <mailto:gedare at rtems.org <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>>
> >     >     > <mailto:gedare at rtems.org <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>
> >     <mailto:gedare at rtems.org <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>>>> wrote:
> >     >     >
> >     >     >     Are "Links to commits" 1-4 all the code you (are
> >     claiming you)
> >     >     wrote?
> >     >     >     I just want to make sure. It looks fine to me.
> >     >     >
> >     >     > Yes, all the code in the commits is written by me.
> >     >
> >     >     I think maybe "Links to branches" would be a better title. It
> >     is not a
> >     >     single commit each but a few commits. Alternative would be to
> >     add links
> >     >     to each commit.
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > I have changed the title to "Links to branches". Should I also add
> >     links
> >     > to the commits that were made in each phase at the end of the
> >     summary of
> >     > each phase?
> >     >

> >     If you want, you can do that.
> >

> > I did try that but it didn't work out well, especially with the OFW commit.
> > Since I don't have the old commit I either had to leave that commit out
> > in the first phase or I had to post the newer commit in the first phase
> > itself which actually should in the last phase. So I decided to avoid adding
> > the commits and just leave it out with the branches.
>
> That's OK too. Like I said: Main target was that it's clear that you
> don't have four commits but a bit more.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't notice this. We actually do want it to be
distinctly your commits. Since you have commits that are older than
this GSoC in rtems, you can't use the author filtering feature
(https://github.com/gs-niteesh/rtems/commits/beagle-rtems6-pinmux-18-aug?author=gs-niteesh)
so you'll probably need to generate the links to each commit.

This is something required by Google.