Enabling Buildbot 'responsible user' emails.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Feb 7 05:17:31 UTC 2020

On 7/2/20 4:05 pm, Amar Takhar wrote:
> On 2020-02-06 08:03 -0700, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> I agree with what you say. (And appreciate the unfunded work.)
>> So, if this "Responsible User" email policy goes into effect, we also
>> need some additional policies for developers to help prevent the
>> "RTEMS Horde of Broken Builds" (TM) emails especially from going
>> outside of the core developers who at least might expect the noise.
>
> I don't agree, honestly I also don't agree with creating issues before they
> happen.  Once we see developers get flooded with emails let's deal with how to
> resolve that when it does happen.
>
> Let's not forget the purpose of Buildbot is to make scenarios like this
> annoying, we shouldn't be breaking the build. :)

Could we build an "always must build" BSP and if it builds a wider selection are
built? The beaglebone black is my pick.

This would avoid a issue in the common code or buildbot needing updated tools
from generating the same message a number of times.

Note, it cannot be a SPARC BSP because it is not a tier 1 architecture as no
hardware test results has been published <hint hint>.