RTEMS Manuals: Single Page HTML version doesn't work

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Feb 11 23:11:38 UTC 2020

On 12/2/20 12:41 am, Christian Mauderer wrote:

> on docs.rtems.org we have a table with the manuals. There are three
> views: Online, PDF and Single Page. It seems that Online and PDF work
> fine. But Single Page doesn't work at all. Only a blank page is displayed.
>
> Should we fix it or remove it?

If it is fixable I think we should. Amar added single page support when the
original shift from texinfo was done. I have kept it ever since.

> I think I know where I could remove it.

Are you referring to rtems-docs or rtems-admin (my personal repo)?

Does rtems-docs build with --singlehtml for you?

> But I have no idea where it should have been generated

It is generated via a con job under my account on sync.rtems.org and copied to a
spot on the ftp server where it is picked up by the docs.rtems.org jail and
installed.

The build or generate line is ...

https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems-admin.git/tree/docs/builder/rtems-docs-build-branches#n135

Note:
1. The docs.rtems.org has no resources to perform a build
2. Using the ftp server avoids special keys etc with ssh to copy the files from
sync to docs.

> and therefore I'm a bit lost how to fix it.

Asking here is a good place to start. :)