RTEMS Manuals: Single Page HTML version doesn't work

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Wed Feb 12 08:25:37 UTC 2020

On 12/02/2020 00:11, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 12/2/20 12:41 am, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>>
>> on docs.rtems.org we have a table with the manuals. There are three
>> views: Online, PDF and Single Page. It seems that Online and PDF work
>> fine. But Single Page doesn't work at all. Only a blank page is displayed.
>>
>> Should we fix it or remove it?
>
> If it is fixable I think we should. Amar added single page support when the
> original shift from texinfo was done. I have kept it ever since.

OK. I wasn't sure whether it is a remnant from an old or intermediate
system or if it belongs to the current one. If it belongs to the current
one we should definitively fix it.

>> I think I know where I could remove it.
>
> Are you referring to rtems-docs or rtems-admin (my personal repo)?

I would have expected that the stuff on the table is generated with the
common/coverpage/static/rtems/js/catalogue.js in rtems-docs. At least
the table headers are there.

> Does rtems-docs build with --singlehtml for you?

I had some troubles getting node.js inliner but now it builds. The
single page HTML is created and installed just like expected.

>> But I have no idea where it should have been generated
>
> It is generated via a con job under my account on sync.rtems.org and copied to a
> spot on the ftp server where it is picked up by the docs.rtems.org jail and
> installed.
>
> The build or generate line is ...
>
> https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems-admin.git/tree/docs/builder/rtems-docs-build-branches#n135

Looks OK. There are some logs. Are they kept somewhere accessible?

> Note:
> 1. The docs.rtems.org has no resources to perform a build

OK.

> 2. Using the ftp server avoids special keys etc with ssh to copy the files from
> sync to docs.

Would be bad if it would be accessible without a key or simmilar.

>> and therefore I'm a bit lost how to fix it.
>
> Asking here is a good place to start. :)
>
> Chris

Best regards

Christian

embedded brains GmbH