SPDX License Identifier Only and Full Copy?

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Feb 24 12:46:32 UTC 2020

Hi Joel,
 any test files we develop (at Lero/TCD) will be generated by python tools,
so we could include file level Doxygen quite easily, if that is helpful.

Regards, Andrew

> On 24 Feb 2020, at 12:22, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, 6:03 AM Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> On 24/02/2020 10:48, Andrew Butterfield wrote:
> > Hi Sebastian,
> >
> > a quick question
> > - does the Doxygen block requirement also apply to test programs (xxtest/init.c),
> > either hand-written or model-generated?
>
> we currently don't use Doxygen in the tests. There is some test
> documentation in the *.doc files of the test suite. I would like to
> improve the test documentation with the test specification items, but
> this is a future topic.
>
> It is probably a good approach to add some documentation to generated
> files if it is available at a higher level.
>
> It would be good if the tests had at least file level Doxygen. But that's a lot of retrofitting.
>
> Andrew may not realise that Doxygen is newer than RTEMS and that all Doxygen comments are later additions or conversions of the previous comment format.
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
> E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>

Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero at TCD, Head of Software Foundations & Verification Research Group
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
                         http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/