RTEMS Project projects?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Jan 20 21:11:40 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 2:56 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 21/1/20 4:15 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> > Maybe just a hierarchical picture could be provided.

I'd be thrilled to hear we have enough organizational structure to need a
figure. :)

Seriously, it couldn't hurt. We now have a number of separate repositories:
rtems, rtems-libbsd, rtems-tools, rtems-libbsd, the release tools.

That ignores web infrastructure, buildbot, Trac, etc.

It can't do anything but help to get our hands around it all.

> > I'd also be OK with new "projects" using a different noun, such as
> "effort"
> >
> > As with Chris, I would not change established language (such as for
> > RTEMS Tools Project). Nice Qualification is still getting off the
> > ground, the language around it could change.
>
> Do we need to diverge from what we have? Is there some standards thing
> related
> to the language I do not understand?

I don't think there is any reason to move to sub-projects. The RTEMS
Project is
just a higher level use of the term. It encompasses all individual
projects, tasks,
tickets, processes, servers, etc.

--joel