[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Mritunjay Sharma mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 19:18:11 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:28 AM Heinz Junkes <junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de>
wrote:

> Hello, Mritunjay,
> that's good news. Don't you want to try to develop a rsb-set for exactly
> this combination of RTEMS4.10 and EPICS7?

Sure, I am ready to do this and then do it with RTEMS5 in the same way.
Please tell how to begin or some existing similar
work that can guide me how to proceed further in relation to rsb-set for
RTEMS4.10 and EPICS7.

Then it should be no problem to do it with RTEMS5 in the same way.
> Did you also run the tests on Epics and also tried the pc386-qemu?

I did the following steps after the build:

i) Created a new directory to hold the application source and then `cd' to
that directory.
ii) Run the makeBaseApp.pl program to create the example application:
iii) makeBaseApp.pl -t example test
iv) makeBaseApp.pl -i -t example -a RTEMS-pc386 test

I then Built the example application by running
'make'

All the steps ran without error.

I didn't test further after this. I haven't tried for pc396-qemu yet,
I will try though today.

Thanks
Mritunjay.

Greetings Heinz