[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Heinz Junkes junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jul 9 06:59:01 UTC 2020

Sorry for the long delay.

Yes, this Epics version still uses the rtems-libbsd.
The bsp must be built with --enable-network.

I'm trying to create an Epics version over the weekend that recognizes from
the configuration which libbsd version should be used.

Viele Grüße
Heinz Junkes
--
Experience directly varies with equipment ruined.

> On 8. Jul 2020, at 21:44, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 12:33 PM Mritunjay Sharma
> <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [UPDATE]: I tried to build the EPICS 7 with RTEMS 5 for pc386 with Heinz's https://github.com/hjunkes/epicsBaseOwnPlayground
>> while switching to Branch "7". The previous errors are gone but I am facing the following error:
>>
>> "../posix/rtems_init.c:38:10: fatal error: rtems/bsd/bsd.h: No such file or directory
>> #include <rtems/bsd/bsd.h>
>>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> This error indicates it is looking for an installed rtems-libbsd. My
> guess is you need to build/install the rtems-libbsd to get this
> playground to work.
>
>> compilation terminated.
>> /home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/configure/RULES_BUILD:234: recipe for target 'rtems_init.o' failed
>> make[4]: *** [rtems_init.o] Error 1
>> make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/modules/libcom/RTEMS/O.RTEMS-pc386'
>> /home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/configure/RULES_ARCHS:58: recipe for target 'install.RTEMS-pc386' failed
>> make[3]: *** [install.RTEMS-pc386] Error 2
>> make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/modules/libcom/RTEMS'
>> /home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/configure/RULES_DIRS:84: recipe for target 'RTEMS.install' failed
>> make[2]: *** [RTEMS.install] Error 2
>> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/modules/libcom'
>> ../configure/RULES_DIRS:84: recipe for target 'libcom.install' failed
>> make[1]: *** [libcom.install] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epicsBaseOwnPlayground/modules'
>> configure/RULES_DIRS:84: recipe for target 'modules.install' failed
>> make: *** [modules.install] Error 2"
>>
>> Today's update is that I tried to fix the above error however I still have not been able to clear it.
>> If anyone has idea, please do tell what can be done.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mritunjay
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:12 AM Mritunjay Sharma <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> RTEMS_VERSION = 5