Need help in figuring out how a scheduler is assigned to a task

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 8 14:51:54 UTC 2020

On 08/06/2020 16:33, Richi Dubey wrote:

> Thanks for telling me about the uniprocessor rule for having a single
> scheduler for all the tasks. It makes sense. However I still cannot
> find the code which actually links our processor to that scheduler!
> Talking on a high level, I cannot find a code anywhere that tells
> kernel/processor to use Simple scheduler for all the tasks when we
> write #define CONFIGURE_SCHEDULER_SIMPLE inside a testcase(I could not
> find anything related in the scheduler.h configuration file too). I
> hope my doubt makes sense.

Depending on the configuration options, the header file
<rtems/confdefs/scheduler.h> defines a couple of data structures. One is
the _Scheduler_Table:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/include/rtems/confdefs/scheduler.h#n239

This is how the scheduler is defined for an application. You can look a
the preprocessed header file to see all the data structures.