GSoC 2020: Weekly Progress Update

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jun 19 06:14:59 UTC 2020

On 17/6/20 3:11 pm, Mritunjay Sharma wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Following up as decided to update the weekly progress report on irc
> channel on every Wednesday, I am updating the progress on the mailing list as well.

Thank you for this. I cannot make IRC on a regular basis and email is best for
me. Please keep the posts coming.

> ==Previous Work==
>
> Trying to fix missing files like "install/sh" error
> to make the ptpd build run.
>
> ==Progress==
>
> Earlier errors have been resolved but a new one popped up in the morning.
>
> Modified source-builder/config/ptpd-2-1.cfg file again,
> after Googling a little and following Heinz advice,
>
> %source setup ptpd -q -n ptpd-%{ptpd_version}
> %patch setup ptpd -p1
>

> +autoreconf -vfi

This is causing me problems. I wonder why. I get ...

configure.ac:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

I will take a look at the release tarballs .... tt looks like the release
tarballs do not have generated autoconf files. Hmmm.
> +automake --add-missing
>
> cd ${build_top}
>
> %build
>
> After this I made the local ptpd-master again a tar ball and used it,
> which fixed the earlier, but now another error has popped up which I
> am trying to fix.
>
> The error is as follows:
> "/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build:
> 155:
> /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build:
> ../ptpd-master/configure: not found
> shell cmd failed: /bin/sh -ex
>  /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build
> error: building ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1
>   See error report: rsb-report-ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1.txt
> Build Set: Time 0:00:00.191542"
>
> ==Blockers==
>
> These configure errors are the main blockers.
>
> ==Future options==
>
> Looking forward to raise this with the ptpd community
> and trying with the help of mentors to fix the problems
> as soon as possible.

I think we are wedged. For us to build a package for RTEMS we need access the
RTEMS tools built by the RSB. Building these tools also builds a version of
autoconf and automake we need to configure RTEMS. With the path set to include
the RTEMS tools and so the RTEMS built autoconf and automake the PTPD INSTALL
documented step of `autoreconf -vi` fails with the error above.

I decided to test by hand using the following steps:

 wget https://github.com/ptpd/ptpd/archive/ptpd.2.3.1.tar.gz
 tar zxf ptpd.2.3.1.tar.gz
 cd ptpd-ptpd.2.3.1
 autoreconf -vi

The generate has no isssue.

I then added the RTEMS tools path back into my path. I also have the Xilinx Zynq
QEMU BSP installed under my prefix so I entered ...

LIBS="-lrtemsdefaultconfig"
CFLAGS="-I/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/lib/include  -qrtems
-B/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/lib/
-B/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/lib/ --specs bsp_specs
-march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=cortex-a9 -O0 -g
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections" ./configure --host=arm-rtems5
--disable-snmp --enable-slave-only --disable-pcap

The configure completed without error. I do not think there is any point
contacting the ptpd community just yet.

The build however failed with ..

ptpd.h:93:10: fatal error: netinet/ip.h: No such file or directory

I suggest you step back from the RSB and build ptpd by hand. I have not looked
into what is wrong and why I get this compile error.