GSoC 2020: Weekly Progress Update

Mritunjay Sharma mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:55:10 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 11:45 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I will take a look at the release tarballs .... tt looks like the release
> tarballs do not have generated autoconf files. Hmmm.
> > +automake --add-missing
> >
> > cd ${build_top}
> >
> > %build
> >
> > After this I made the local ptpd-master again a tar ball and used it,
> > which fixed the earlier, but now another error has popped up which I
> > am trying to fix.
> >
> > The error is as follows:
> >
> "/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build:
> > 155:
> >
> /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build:
> > ../ptpd-master/configure: not found
> > shell cmd failed: /bin/sh -ex
> >
>  /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1/do-build
> > error: building ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1
> >   See error report: rsb-report-ptpd-master-arm-rtems5-1.txt
> > Build Set: Time 0:00:00.191542"
> >
> > ==Blockers==
> >
> > These configure errors are the main blockers.
> >
> > ==Future options==
> >
> > Looking forward to raise this with the ptpd community
> > and trying with the help of mentors to fix the problems
> > as soon as possible.
>
> I think we are wedged. For us to build a package for RTEMS we need access
> the
> RTEMS tools built by the RSB. Building these tools also builds a version of
> autoconf and automake we need to configure RTEMS. With the path set to
> include
> the RTEMS tools and so the RTEMS built autoconf and automake the PTPD
> INSTALL
> documented step of `autoreconf -vi` fails with the error above.
>
> I decided to test by hand using the following steps:
>
>  wget https://github.com/ptpd/ptpd/archive/ptpd.2.3.1.tar.gz
>  tar zxf ptpd.2.3.1.tar.gz
>  cd ptpd-ptpd.2.3.1
>  autoreconf -vi
>
> The generate has no isssue.
>
> I then added the RTEMS tools path back into my path. I also have the
> Xilinx Zynq
> QEMU BSP installed under my prefix so I entered ...
>
> LIBS="-lrtemsdefaultconfig"
> CFLAGS="-I/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/lib/include
> -qrtems
> -B/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/lib/
> -B/opt/work/rtems/5/arm-rtems5/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/lib/ --specs bsp_specs
> -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=cortex-a9 -O0 -g
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections" ./configure --host=arm-rtems5
> --disable-snmp --enable-slave-only --disable-pcap
>
> The configure completed without error. I do not think there is any point
> contacting the ptpd community just yet.
>
> The build however failed with ..
>
> ptpd.h:93:10: fatal error: netinet/ip.h: No such file or directory
>
> I suggest you step back from the RSB and build ptpd by hand. I have not
> looked
> into what is wrong and why I get this compile error.

Okay Chris, thank you for this suggestion, I will work on this and update
you.
I can tell you that I encountered the same error when I was building ptpd
with erc32 using RSB and then I was asked to add a different package that
contains netinet/ip.h and then build it first. I will get to you more on
this error
because I have worked on it earlier however while building it configure
errors
again started playing their tricks and when I started doing it with
xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu using RSB,
 it never came but the errors as mentioned earlier came up.

Mritunjay