GSoC 2020: Weekly Progress Update

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 24 23:19:14 UTC 2020

On 20/6/20 7:55 am, Mritunjay Sharma wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 11:45 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     The build however failed with ..
>
>     ptpd.h:93:10: fatal error: netinet/ip.h: No such file or directory
>
>     I suggest you step back from the RSB and build ptpd by hand. I have
>     not looked
>     into what is wrong and why I get this compile error.
>
> Okay Chris, thank you for this suggestion, I will work on this and
> update you.
> I can tell you that I encountered the same error when I was building ptpd
> with erc32 using RSB and then I was asked to add a different package that
> contains netinet/ip.h and then build it first.

What package is this? It should be provided by libbsd ...

$ find . -name ip.h
./freebsd/sys/netinet/ip.h

?

> I will get to you more on
> this error because I have worked on it earlier however while building it configure
> errors> again started playing their tricks and when I started doing it with
> xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu using RSB, it never came but the errors as mentioned earlier came up.

I do not recommend working with the RSB until you have the code working
on an RTEMS target. Please work at the command line and if you need a
series of command a simple shell script can be useful.