Improve Coverity Scan Integration: GSOC project details

suyash singh suyashsingh234 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:02:14 UTC 2020

This is regarding the project I would like to work in

Improve Coverity Scan Integration
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3710

*FIRST POINT-*
I was thinking about implementing Coverity or clang analyzer as an offline
analyzer. Would it be a suitable idea to make a separate repo just for
testing purposes?
This "testing repository" will have the updated rtems code as well the
analyzer in it. If possible this repo will be updated automatically from
the main repo.

*SECOND POINT-*
Using Travis CI for github. I have seen Travis CI checking the build of
pull requests in other repos.
Also making a special coverity branch to trigger coverity scan

*THIRD POINT-*
Enabling and testing MISRA rules.

*FOURTH POINT- *
Reducing false positives.
I have yet to figure out how to do this one.
I noticed a pattern where value overwrite errors are given for unused
values. There is email thread about it with subject "Coverity false
positive pattern"

*FIFTH POINT-*
Solving reported issues by coverity.