Beaglebone Black USB-OTG/FDT Support GSOC

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Sun Mar 8 21:07:22 UTC 2020

Hello John,

On 08/03/2020 18:32, John kongtcheu wrote:
> Thank you for the information. I have already done the hello world
> project, (I just forwarded it to you to take a look) and I took a break
> for a little bit, because of school work.

sorry, I missed that mail. Did Gedare or Joel respond to it? Can you
please add your name to the list here:

  https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2020

> Regarding, working on
> peripherals I was wondering if there any spots on working on GPIO work
> and ADC conversion as those are also two jobs I would be greatly
> interested in.

There are really few peripherals left on BBB. Someone already added a
GPIO driver some time back. I don't think anything has been done
regarding ADC. But on the other hand we don't really have an abstraction
layer for that in RTEMS. Depending on what you plan to add it can be
anything from not useful at all to a nice part of a project. But you
have to create some convincing suggestion ;-)

> Also thank you again for your advice on the USB-OTG work
> and I will also do my research regarding that topic.

No problem. Don't hesitate to ask if you are stuck somewhere.

Best regards

Christian