Beaglebone Black USB-OTG/FDT Support GSOC

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 9 15:39:03 UTC 2020

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 3:07 PM Christian Mauderer <list at c-mauderer.de> wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> On 08/03/2020 18:32, John kongtcheu wrote:
> > Thank you for the information. I have already done the hello world
> > project, (I just forwarded it to you to take a look) and I took a break
> > for a little bit, because of school work.
>
> sorry, I missed that mail. Did Gedare or Joel respond to it? Can you
> please add your name to the list here:
>
>   https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2020
>
> > Regarding, working on
> > peripherals I was wondering if there any spots on working on GPIO work
> > and ADC conversion as those are also two jobs I would be greatly
> > interested in.
>
> There are really few peripherals left on BBB. Someone already added a
> GPIO driver some time back. I don't think anything has been done
> regarding ADC. But on the other hand we don't really have an abstraction
> layer for that in RTEMS. Depending on what you plan to add it can be
> anything from not useful at all to a nice part of a project. But you
> have to create some convincing suggestion ;-)

I responded on the other thread, but to repeat myself, I think
networking stacks or "exotic" but useful peripheral support (CAN bus
came to mind) could be good BBB projects. And to do a BBB project
requires to have the BBB and able to run RTEMS on it. So we need that
proof in addition to the normal sparc/sis one.