80 or 79 characters limit?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Nov 5 20:14:11 UTC 2020

I tried at one point to figure out how to script the changes when I ran
into them.
But it was easier to fix them by hand. If you have a simple script, it
would be good
to have a home for it. We could grow it then.

Not accepting unicode should be checked for patches and should be in
Coding Conventions.

I think you made a couple of bad mapping choices.

- "(r)" for the registered symbol (circle R)
-  "u" for the micro Greek letter in usec and us (which is strange for usec)

Some I have no idea about.

+ aes.c - absolutely no idea
+ rtl22xx/console/uart.c - maybe an x
+ powerpc/include/mpc83xx/mpc83xx.h - maybe an x

I think a patch series doing copyright symbols, (r), and u for micro
as individual changes would eliminate a lot and not be controversial.
That should leave the remaining for a second pass.

One patch per character change is safer to review.

--joel