Proposal for hardware configuration dependent performance limits

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Nov 26 21:42:41 UTC 2020

On 26/11/20 7:04 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 25/11/2020 21:37, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>>> Maybe a configuration option for the RTEMS Tester should be added which allows
>>> you to set the performance hash and ignore the hash provided by the test output.
>>> This could be used to compare a custom board with values obtain from an
>>> evaluation board.
>> Why not let the tester take an alternative set of values for the same hash to
>> override the "standard" set?
>
> Do you mean that the performance limits should be specified with a particular
> hash like this:

Yes and the hash is nothing more than a key. I had not thought much more but
what you have defined looks good and highlights how wrapping this configuration
state key is open. Your progression from values under the hash to a form of
redirection is nice. I see this evolving as we implement solutions and learn more.

Chris