aarch64/a53_ilp32_qemu: implicit declaration of function 'truncl'

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Tue Oct 13 15:34:04 UTC 2020

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 8:13 AM Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de<mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
On 10/10/2020 15:11, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> Hello Kinsey,
>
> the new aarch64/a53_ilp32_qemu produces a lot of warnings like this:
>
> ../../../testsuites/psxtests/psxhdrs/math/truncl.c:45:12: warning:
> implicit declaration of function 'truncl'
> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> ../../../testsuites/psxtests/psxhdrs/math/truncl.c:45:12: warning:
> incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'truncl'
>
> Is this a known issue?

It is likely that this is because some/many architectures do not
have long double support in newlib. Or have a true long double
type. This will require a newlib discussion.

There is also this warning:

cpukit/libmisc/stackchk/check.c:455:5: warning: cast to pointer from
integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]

This is probably an error. Could you please fix the warnings specific to
the new BSPs.

This looks like code being sloppy that isn't the fault of this BSP. It is
just one where sizeof(int) != sizeof(void *).

Kinsey.. likely solution is to replace the cast/type with intptr_t or uintptr_t.

[]
Sorry, I didn’t see these when I was developing. I’ll work up some patches for them.

Kinsey