Error in RTEMS (Master)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Sep 2 12:56:58 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 11:57 PM Sebastian Huber <

> On 02/09/2020 02:12, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 5:53 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> > <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 2/9/20 7:37 am, Eshan Dhawan wrote:
> >      > Hello everyone,
> >      > I was building rtems for arm-rtems6 using RSB(master) for BSP
> >     xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu
> >      > and received this error while making rtems.
> >
> >     I built the rtems.git master for this BSP the other day and it was
> >     OK. I wonder
> >     if ....
> >

> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/rtems/config/tools/rtems-kernel-6.cfg
> >
> >     ... needs to be updated to the HEAD on master for rtems.git?
> >
> > Sebastian posted about the on newlib. I think a patch was posted today
> > to resolve this. Not sure if it is merged or not yet.
> >
> > Does make -k show other failures? It works let you ignore this issue.
>
> Yes, a recent change in Newlib broke the arm and riscv libm.a.
>
> We need some automated and continuous testing of the tool chain. I do
> this currently manually from time to time (one to four weeks), but just
> building the tools is apparently not enough. We also have to build the
> BSPs with the tests and run the test suite on simulators. We support a
> couple of targets that are not regularly tested by someone else, e.g. bfin.

I was doing this regularly up until a couple of months ago. I need to switch
my scripts over to 6 and modified them to also build from the 5 branch.

It built all targets, all BSPs, and ran tests where a simulator was
available.
It took a long time to run on a fast machine. Multiple days on the slower
machines running FreeBSD 12 and Ubuntu we have for testing.

I will try to start running this more frequently.

--joel