does rtems 5.1 support create a core dump file when accessing a invalid address or other fatal errors?

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Sep 15 15:26:31 UTC 2020

No, there is no facility to generate a core dump. Due to shared
address space, once there is a fatal error you can't really trust
anything running in the target. You wouldn't necessarily want to try
writing to a mounted filesystem.

You could probably set up a debugger to do something like this by
triggering it in the fatal exception handler. You'd need to make use
of whatever the debugger can do already though. You really can't rely
on the executing target.

Gedare