New build system ready for testing

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 16 00:40:52 UTC 2020

On 16/9/20 2:03 am, Kinsey Moore wrote:
> I had assumed that the old build system would be removed when the new build system got added, but that obviously didn't happen. Will it eventually be removed after a transition period is over or will they both exist and be maintained going forward?

I do not expect to see any changes to the autoconf and automake build system.

The autotools build system will be removed once we are happy things have been
checked and are OK _and_ the supporting ecosystem tools know how to build the
kernel with waf.

The 6.1 release will not have a configure script or Makefile at the top level.